POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spline Walker : Spline Walker Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Spline Walker
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 13 Nov 2002 20:09:34
Message: <3dd2f7ce$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This is my semi-succesful attempt to make a character walk along a spline. The
character does
succesfully move along the spline, and sways from side to side nicely, but I failed in
my
attempt to give him legs.

I know how many times his legs need to cycle through two steps (left then right), but
cannot
think at the moment how to reference these cycles to the main walk. e.g I know the
length of
the spline is 20 units, I want the character to take 40 steps (20 cycles), and I want
to set
up the cycle and then just make it occur 20 times as clock goes from 0 to 1.

I'll think on it some more, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be very interested.

I know that I'm probably not going about this the best way.

All the best,

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: